Friday, September 9, 2011

Wealth Creation

I am not an expert on the economy. I can't even balance my check book. I do know what we have been doing is not working. The defination definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. It seems to me that is what we are doing. I live in the county with one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. Our is somewhere around 20%. In my time with Jesus today I read Deuteronomy chapter 8 and in verse 18 God says, "But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today."
It is God who gives us the ability to produce wealth. It does not come from the govenment. It doesn't even come from men and women gifted in business. It comes from God when we do things God's way. Our economy will improve when we move from seeing making money as an end in itself to a means to an end - Glorifying God. We have made job creation and starting new businesses the end. Let's instead making honoring Jesus the end and cry out to Him for help and direction and see what happens. I know this makes no sense economically, but remember I am not an economic expert. I do know God and believe His Word and believe that He not us is the Creator of wealth.
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment