Sunday, December 4, 2022

Grace is More

In 2 Corinthians 12:9 Jesus tells Paul that His grace is sufficient for what Paul is facing.

 

I for years I thought of grace as only something that God used to provide salvation, but as I grow older, I understand that grace is how Jesus relates to us all the time.

 

2 Corinthians 9:8

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

 

It was by God’s grace that my family moved from Mississippi to Texas so that He could connect me with Jan. The good work was providing each of us with a partner for life to enrich us to do the work that He had called us to do with Him.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is trusting God’s grace to bring people into your life to love you and enrich your life.

 

Galatians 1:15

But when He who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by His grace…

 

God has given me the privilege to serve Him by serving His church for forty-seven years. I cannot think of a better way to spend my life than by serving God’s family. God’s grace has also been seen in God providing for me and my family through the church all those years. God’s family has provided for us materially, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually and this was all a manifestation of His grace.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is trusting God through His grace to provide all that we need.

 

Colossians 1:6

Which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and increasing – as it also does among you, since the day you heard it and understood the grace of God in truth.

 

God’s grace allows us to produce fruit. It has been my great privilege to be used by God to help people come to know Jesus as the Savior and Lord of their lives. God has chosen to use me to proclaim His word and by His grace to enable people to grow in their relationship with Him.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is by God’s grace to produce godly fruit in and through our lives.

 

2 Thessalonians 2:16

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace.

 

God by His grace has brought comfort to me over losses in my life. The loss of parents, the loss of my sister, and the lost of many brothers and sisters in Jesus over the years. God’s grace has brought hope when I had lost hope. When I have thought about giving up, God by His grace has renewed my hope and been my strength to keep on keeping on.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is looking to the grace of God to comfort us over losses and to renew our hope when we face difficult circumstances.

 

1 Timothy 1:14

And the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

 

God’s grace has provided my life with people over the years who have believed in me and loved me even when I was unlovable. God in his grace has continued to love me and have faith in me and never given up on me.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is looking to God’s grace to experience God’s love for me and the love of God’s people in my life.

 

Hebrews 4:16

Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

 

God’s grace has given the confidence to share everything in my life with Jesus and know that I would not receive condemnation but mercy and grace to help me and provide me with what I needed.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is allowing God’s grace to give me confidence in Jesus to give me all I need for life and godliness.

 

2 Peter 3:18

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

 

By the Grace of Jesus Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls,

Joe 

No comments:

Post a Comment