Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas is Jesus

 

Christmas is a celebration of the coming of Jesus as our Savior and Lord. I found an acrostic of Christmas that I think reflects who Jesus is and why we should celebrate Him, not just at Christmas but all the time.

 

Creator – John 1:3: All things were made through Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.

 

Holy One – John 6:69: And we have believed, and have come to know, that You are the Holy One of God.

 

Redeemer – Galatians 4:5: To redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoptions as sons.

 

Immanuel – Matthew 1:23: Behold the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call His name Immanuel (which means, God with us).

 

Savior – Luke 2:11: For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

 

Truth – John 14:6: Jesus said to him,” I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

 

Messiah – John 1:41: He first found his own brother Simon and to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which means the Christ).

 

Alpha and Omega – Revelation 1:8: “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Lord Almighty.”

 

Son of God – Matthew 14:33: And those in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

 

Christmas is not about gifts or decorations or food or gatherings or family.

 

Christmas is about Jesus who is the:

Creator

Holy One

Redeemer

Immanuel

Savior

Truth

Messiah

Alpha and Omega

Son of God

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is about knowing Jesus in all of His fullness and experiencing Him in your life every day.

 

This Sunday marks my last day as a fulltime pastor. When I was nineteen years old God gave me a dream to serve Him by serving His church and He has faithfully enabled me to do that. He has protected and provided for Jan and me over all these years and I give Him praise for that.

 

I will still be writing this devotion every week and doing a weekly Facebook post every Tuesday beginning on January 3. I have been writing this devotion since January, 2011. I pray that this devotion has impacted your life by drawing you closer to Jesus and I pray that it will continue to do that.

 

May you have a great Christmas and a new year filled with the person of Jesus.

 

In Jesus, Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment