Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Burdens

I have a burden. My burden is for revival. I want to be revived. I want to have a passion for Jesus. I want a passion for His Word. I want a passion to obey Him. I want a passion to worship Him. I want a passion to communicate with Him. I want a passion to serve Him by serving others. I want a passion for helping others to know Him and develop a passion for Him.

I also want revival for Jesus' church. I want my local faith family to be alive and obsessed with Jesus  with nothing else competing against Him. I want the church in American to experience revival. I want the church in America (all followers of Jesus) to have one pure and holy passion to know Jesus and follow hard after Him.

I want John 2:17 to characterize me. my faith family and the church. The verse says, "His disciples remembered that it is written,   Passion for your house consumes me" I want passion to consume me and every believer so that Jesus can be glorified.

I want the reality of Joel 2:28-29 where Joel predicts God's Spirit being poured out on all His people to be experienced by the church. I want to be filled and empowered and enabled by God so that I can and will obey God.

I want the reality of Habakkuk 3:2 where Habakkuk prays for God to revive and make known His work in the world to be experienced by God's people. I want God's power to be displayed through all of God's people so that the world can know Him.

The whole reason for Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is for God to open up us as His people and pour His Spirit on us and in us so that we can display His glory to the world.

If you will join me in asking God to do that I would really like to hear from you.

Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls
                          Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment