Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Surrender

We think of surrender as defeat. God sees surrender as freedom and victory. We are slaves either to Satan or God. If Satan is our master we have surrendered ourselves to him and we have given him control. We are thus slaves with no freedom or victory. If God is our master we have surrendered ourselves to God and we have given Him control.

Paul writes in Romans 6:13-14, "Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." When I have surrendered my life (including my body) to God and He is my master then I can experience life and righteousness and grace.

When God is my master I can also experience true freedom. In John 8:31-32 Jesus says to the Jews who had believed, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth with set you free." When God is my master I am free to be my real self, the person who God created me to be.

A great philosopher, Bob Dylan, once said you have to serve somebody. I surrender my life to serve Jesus and Him only. Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls involves surrender all of yourself to Jesus and allowing Him to be your Master.

Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls
                              Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment