Sunday, September 5, 2021

The Gifts Jesus Gives

 

The longer I live and the longer I follow Jesus the more I realize that it is all about Jesus and nothing else.

 

In John 14:6 Jesus says that He is the Way and the Truth and the Life.

In James 1:17 James says that all good and perfect gifts come from God.

 

Everything you and I have in life comes from God and only come because He is good and powerful.

 

In examining my life, I see many needs but I recognize four big needs.

 

John 15:9-10

As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Abide in My Love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My Love, just a I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

 

Jesus has given us His love.

 

Jesus loves us when we are good and when we are bad.

Jesus loves us when we obey and when we disobey Him.

Jesus loves us no matter our belief or unbelief.

Jesus loves us because we exist.

 

Jesus’ love is based on Him and not us. Jesus’ love does not come and go because it is based on Him and He does not change.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is receiving and abiding in Jesus’ love.

 

In 2 Corinthians 12 Paul shares that he had a thorn in the flesh and that he had asked Jesus to remove it three times. Jesus answers in verse 9. Jesus says, “My Grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” 

 

Jesus gives us His grace.

 

Grace is Jesus’ unmerited or unearned or undeserved love and blessing on us. Grace is what all of our blessings from God come from. Grace means that I can’t and don’t have to try and earn the love of Jesus.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is depending on Jesus’ grace and resting in His grace.

 

In John 14:27 Jesus says to His disciples, “Peace I leave with you;     

My Peace I give you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”

 

Jesus gives us His peace.

 

The word peace does not mean circumstances in which there is no conflict or danger. It means to have a trust and rest in Jesus in the midst of conflict and danger. 

 

The world’s peace is about life’s circumstances.

Jesus’ peace is about His control in your life.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is living in compete trust in Jesus in the midst of trying circumstances.

 

1 Timothy 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus Our Hope.

 

Jesus gives us hope.

 

Hope is not wishing. Hope is the confident assurance that God will fulfill all that He says and promises.

 

Paul says in 2 Corinthians 1:20 that all the promises of God find their Yes in Jesus. Jesus is the fulfillment of all God’s promises so Jesus is our hope.

 

Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is living daily with Jesus as our hope, our confident assurance that God will fulfill all His promises.

 

I need Jesus as my love, my grace, my peace and my hope to daily live trusting and obeying Him. Living life with Jesus as all of these things is hard, but living life without Jesus as all these things would be impossible.

 

With Jesus as My Love, Grace, Peace and Hope,

Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls,

Joe

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment