Sunday, September 8, 2019

Grace Provides Us With


God’s grace in our lives enables us to really trust Him. God’s grace gives us great confidence in Him. God’s grace enables us to then live knowing that no matter what we face in life, God’s got us.



David understood that truth and he writes Psalm 31:1-5.



He says:

In You, O Lord, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame; in your righteousness deliver me! Incline Your ear to me; rescue me speedily! Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me! For You are my rock and fortress; and for Your name’s sake You lead me and guide me; You take me out of the net they have hidden for me, for You are my refuge. Into your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God.



Grace enables us to experience Jesus as our protector. He is our refuge, our rock, and our fortress.



We live in a world that can be dangerous. We need a God who is strong and powerful. We need a God who loves us and wants to care for us. We have a God who is both all-power and all-loving. He is able to protect and take care of us and He desires to protect and take care of us.



Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is, through the grace of God, experiencing Jesus as our protector.



Grace will allow us to never be put to shame.



The word shame in verse 1 means to be ashamed or disconnected or disappointed. By God’s grace we will never be ashamed to be a follower of Jesus, we will never be disconnected from Jesus our vine, or never be disappointed in Jesus and Him not following through on His promises.



God through His grace not only provides forgiveness but also removes any shame brought about because of our sin.



Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is experiencing joy, not shame, because of God’s grace.



Grace enables God to hear our prayers. Prayer is not convincing God to do what we want. Prayer is God communicating His will to us and giving us the power to do it.



1 John 5:14-15 says that if we ask anything according to God’s will, He hears us and when He hears us, He will grant what we are requesting.



We don’t get it because we deserve it; we get it because of His name sake. It is always about Jesus, not us, in everything.



Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is about Jesus and His will, not about us or our will.



God’s grace empowers us to be led and guided by God’s Spirit and for God’s honor.         



God wants us to walk daily knowing and doing His will. He wants that because knowing and doing God’s will honors Him and benefits us.



Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is be led by and guided by God’s Spirit in ways that honor Him and bless us.



God’s grace delivers us.



We will commit and have committed transgressions. To transgress means to step over a boundary line. The boundary line was set there by God for our good. God does not want us to wander and step over into an area in which we will be hurt or even destroyed. God sets boundaries to protect us, not to restrict us. God’s boundaries actually free us to live lives of abundance. So, God in His grace delivers us when we transgress.



Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is living in the freedom of God’s boundaries.



God pouring His grace into our lives results in us being able to commit our spirit into His hands and experience His redemption. I cannot redeem or save myself but Jesus’ death and resurrection can and does. Grace, God’s unmerited love and care for us, is the only thing that redeems us.



Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls is experiencing redemption through Jesus as I commit my spirit into His hands.



Grace Empowers!

Grace Blesses!



In God’s grace Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls,

                                      Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment