Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on God

I don't like to wait. I'm not sure very many people like to wait. Yet David in Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." In Proverbs 20:22 Solomon says, "Do not say, 'I'll pay you back for this wrong!' Wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you." And then in Isaiah 30:18 Isaiah says, "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he raises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait on him!"

I believe the message is pretty clear - Wait On The Lord!

So what does it mean to wait on God. It doesn't mean to just stop doing anything. Waiting is not passive it is active. Waiting is continuing to do the last thing God told you to do and waiting for more directions. Waiting is not inactivity.

I had a great experience on waiting on God. We have been praying about bringing in an team to do outreach in our community. We wanted to get them into our schools. I had planned to go and ask the schools about the possiblity of this. I have been praying about this for over nine months. Then one day recently I got a phone call from the schools asking me if we could help arrannge this team to come into the schools. I had for nine months been praying and talking to people about it. It was one of this people that I shared the vision with that brought it to the school authorities.

Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls is waiting on God. It is letting God lead and following His direction. I is not getting a head of God or lag behind Him but step by step staying with Him.

Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls
                             Joe  

No comments:

Post a Comment