Friday, January 6, 2012

The Power of God

Habakkuk 3:2 says, "Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew then in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.

I want that verse to be a reality in my life and in the life of my faith family. I am tired of not see God's power dispalyed in His people and that includes me. I want to see God's power released in His people. I want to see people lives changed. I want to see people healed, marriages restored, families brought back together, strongholds of sin destroyed, addictions overcome and brokenness be experienced. I want to see God do today what He did in the Bible. I don't want to hear that crap that, "Oh, well the time for those miracles are over or God is doing those things not just here in America."

I have begun to cry out to God to renew the awesome deeds, that only He can do, tody. I have begun to cry out to God to show His power and fame in my life and in the life of my faith family. The beginning to one of my favorite songs, No Chains on Me, says:

This is dream, a dream for the world to see You
A dream for the world to know You, to love Your name

That is my dream. That dream will not happen because I am a good preacher or a good teacher or a good man or a nice guy or moral person. That dream will only become real if I and all who call ourselves Christians surrender our lives and wills to Jesus. The world does not want to see what we as followers of Jesus can do, the world wants to see what only God can do.

Please, join me in earnestly praying for God to display His power and glory through us. Join me in praying for true Spirit pour out revival in Jesus' church. Join me in asking God to Raise the Roof and Remove the Walls.

Raising the Roof and Removing the Walls
                            Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment